Current events at VŠE

29. 11. 2014 - CEMS Graduation Ceremony in Brussels

3. 12. 2014 - VŠE Ball

More... »

Deadlines

22. 9. 2014 - 19. 12. 2014 - Winter Semester 2014

More... »

Search
Advanced search

History of the University of Economics, Prague

1919 The Commercial College (VŠO) was founded as an independent department of the Czech Technical University. It had specializations in Wholesale Trade, Banking, and the Organization of Industrial Companies.
1929 VŠO was reorganized and incorporated into the Czech Technical University. The study program was also lengthened to four years.
1934 VŠO gained the right to award the Doctor of Commercial Sciences degree (RCDr).
1939 – 1945 Along with all other universities, VŠO was closed down by the Nazis.
1949 The University of Political and Economic Sciences was founded containing the faculties of Economics, Politics and Diplomacy, and Social Sciences.
1953 The University of Economics, Prague (Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze – VŠE) was established consisting of five faculties: General Economics, Finance and Credit, Statistics, Production Economics, and Commerce.
1990 – 1991 VŠE experienced a general reorganization, following the “Velvet Revolution”.
1998 VŠE became a full member of CEMS (Community of European Management Schools).
1999 VŠE became a full member of PIM (Partnership in International Management).
2005 The new premises – Rajská building was opened.
2006 The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) was introduced.
2007 VŠE opened the Centre for Handicapped Students.
2008 The EDUNIVERSAL project awarded VŠE as the 1st Business School in the Eastern European Zone.
2009 The European Commission awarded VŠE with the ECTS Label and DS Label for the 2009–2013 period.
2010 The multifunctional sports arena was opened.
2012 EFMD awarded two Master Degree programs with EPAS accreditation (the first accreditations in the Czech Republic).
2013 60th anniversary of the University of Economics, Prague.