Master of Economics of Globalization and European Integration – EGEI
The full-time Master of Arts (M. A.) in the Economics of Globalization and European Integration program is an academic training program developing competence for European economists with career aspirations in research in universities, government and international organizations, and in research departments of large banks and industrial and commercial corporations.
This Joint European Studies Program was established in academic year 1994/95 in the form of a European consortium of seven partners, which jointly award the EGEI degree. Since academic year 2011/2012, Chinese and Brazilian universities have become new partners in the consortium.
EGEI gives scientifically well-founded training in the field of economics of globalization, international trade and integration. It takes place in the form of intensive studies, 60 credits (45 credits for passing compulsory and optional subjects, 15 credits for the thesis) from September 2015 – January 2017.
With regard to the EGEI admission procedure, students have to prove completion of their studies, at least at the bachelor’s level (in the Czech Republic or other EU country), in an area of economic or socio-economic sciences. They have to pass the entrance exam in English, which consists of the oral part and the appraisal of study results. The applicants have to submit language certificate that proves the knowledge of English, certificates specified at http://egei.vse.cz/english/admission/admission-information/ . Further, the applicants have to submit the following documents: the transcript of completed courses, motivation letter, structured CV, and references.
During the entrance exam the candidate must prove:
- the ability to formulate answers to the laid questions in the field of economics, international trade and integration at the level of completed bachelor´s degree
- the knowledge of the current issues in international trade, integration and the position of the Czech republic and EU in the economic areas
The EGEI tuition fee is 3 300 EUR for the whole program.
Programme will be organized in the academic year 2015/16 at the following universities:
- Trimester: Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
- Trimester: Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
- Trimester: Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
- Trimester: Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, Praha, Česká republika
- Deadline for applications: 30 April 2015
- Entrance exam takes place: from 4 May till 18 May 2015 according to exam time schedule
- Results of admissions by: 5 June 2015
For more information about the program and contacts, please, visit http://egei.vse.cz or contact Academic Director doc.Ing Anna Klosová, CSc. email@example.com or Programme Coordinator Ing. Zuzana Křečková, M.A., Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org