CEMS Business Projects
On February 25, 2015 the CEMS course Business Project (BP) for the Summer Term 2014/2015 was launched. 9 CEMS Corporate partners and VSE representatives gathered to introduce the 10 BP topics to the CEMS students.
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. 10 international teams of 3-4 students will solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and a professor in parallel. Each CEMS student has to carry out a Business Project during Term 2. It amounts to 15 ECTS, which is about 50 % of Term 2′s workload. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students and companies.
Companies introduced 10 BP topics for Term 2 2014/2015:
Students are thus offered the opportunity:
- to gain insight into business life
- to train their analytical and problem-solving skills
- to apply research methods
- to transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- to learn process management
- to acquire social skills
- to get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals
Students are expected:
- to take responsibility for the project
- to strive for the best results
- to share the workload equally within the team
- to communicate well with their tutors
Project results are evaluated by the academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group. Final presentations will be held on May 22, 2015 at VSE.