The Czech Republic’s Strategy for Competitiveness 2016: Industry for the 21st century
This year’s conference on competitiveness, The Czech Republic’s Strategy for Competitiveness 2016: Industry for the 21st Century, will take place on September 30th, at the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE). The conference is dedicated to a discussion on competitiveness of the Czech Republic in global comparison and the context of Global Competitiveness Report 2015 – 2016 conducted by the World Economic Forum. The report will be officially released on the same day.
The conference is organized by the Faculty of International Relations (VŠE), the CMC Graduate School of Business, the Czech Management Association and under auspices of Minister of Foreign Affairs Lubomír Zaorálek.
The topic of the event will be industry and its current and future significance in the region of Central Europe, as well as its role influencing Czech Republic’s competitiveness. The experts from universities, business and political institutions will share their views on the potential of the Europe and the Czech Republic in the field of industry and innovations.
The panelists are Günter Deuber (Head of CEE Research, Raiffeisen Inernational AG Austria), Caroline Galvan (Senior Manager, World Economic Forum), Rudolf Fischer (CFO Siemens Czech Republic) and other experts. Discussion will be chaired by Roman Chlupatý. Working language is English.
The event takes place in the auditorium RB 101 from 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
1:00 PM – Opening
- Hana Machková, President, University of Economics, Prague
- Pavel Kafka, President, Czech Management Association
- Martin Tlapa, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affaires of the Czech Republic
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM – New Situation, New Demands: Will we succeed in the globalised world economy of tomorrow?
- Caroline Galvan, senior manager Global Competitiveness, WEF
- Günter Deuber, economist Raiffeisenbank
- Seppo Laine, senior advisor Finpro
- Jan Lamser, Associate Partner, Redeggs
3:30 PM – 5:00 PM – Industry 4.0: Ace in (Central)Europeans’ hand
- Rudolf Fischer, CFO, Siemens Czech Republic
- Boguslawa Skowronski, founder Nomad Fund
- Karel Havlíček, chair of the Association of Small and medium entrepreneurs and crafts of the Czech Republic
- Karel Kučera, CEO, CzechInvest
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Reception (by invitation only)