The University of Economics, Prague and the Korea Embassy in Prague have organized a seminar
On Friday 13th of November, the Seminar on Privatization of the Countries in Transition took place in premises of the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE). The seminar has been co-hosted by the VŠE and the Government of the Republic of Korea (through its Embassy in Prague).
The aim of the conference was to define ideas about the privatization process which could be applying on the Korean Peninsula. Jiří Rusnok, Former Primer Minister of the Czech Republic and Czech National Bank Board Member; Bong-Kil Shin, Ambassador and President of the Institute of Foreign Affairs and National Security, Republic of Korea; Hana Machková, Rector of the VŠE have opened the seminar.
The moderator of the conference was Jan Fischer, Former Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of the Czech Republic. The first session was devoted to the design, implementation and effects of the privatization policies of countries in transition. The speakers of this part were:
- Dušan Tříska, Former Deputy Minister of Finance, CZ
- Roland Czada, Chair in Government and Public Policy, University of Osnabrück, Germany
- Peter Baláž, Professor of the University of Economics, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Péter Mihályi, Professor of the Central European University, Hungary
- Piort Maszczyk, Deputy Dean of Bachelor´s Studies, Wasaw School of Economics, Poland
The second session was devoted to the lessons from the privatization policies of countries in transition and ideas or ways to be considered for applying on the Korean Peninsula. The speakers of this part were:
- E-Sub Choi, Senior Researcher, Korea Asset Management Corporation, the Republic of Korea
- Yoojin Rhee, Research Fellow, Korea Development Bank, the Republic of Korea