Master of Economics of Globalization and European Integration – EGEI
The full-time Master of Arts (M. A.) in Economics of Globalization and European Integration is an academic program developing competence for European economists with career aspirations in research at universities, government and international organizations, and in research departments of large banks and industrial and commercial corporations.
This Joint European Studies Program was established in academic year 1994/95 in the form of a European consortium of seven partners, which jointly award the EGEI degree. Since academic year 2011/2012, Chinese and Brazilian universities have become new partners in the consortium.
EGEI gives scientifically well-founded education in the field of economics of globalization, international trade and integration. It takes place in the form of intensive studies, 60 credits (45 credits for passing compulsory and optional subjects, 15 credits for the thesis) from September 2015 – January 2017.
With regard to the EGEI admission procedure, students have to prove completion of their studies, at least at the bachelor’s level, in an area of economic or socio-economic sciences. They have to pass the entrance exam in English, which consists of the oral part and the appraisal of study results. The applicants have to submit language certificate that proves the knowledge of English, certificates specified at http://egei.vse.cz/english/admission/admission-information/ . Further, the applicants have to submit the following documents: the transcript of completed courses, motivation letter, structured CV, and references.
- the ability to formulate answers to the laid questions in the field of economics, international trade and integration at the level of completed bachelor´s degree
- the knowledge of the current issues in international trade, integration and the position of the Czech Republic and EU in the economic areas
Programme will be organized in the academic year 2016/2017 at the following universities:
- Trimester: Université Lille 1, Sciences et Technologies, Lille, France
- Trimester: Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
- Trimester: Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil or Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, Prague, Czech Republic
- Trimester: Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, Prague, Czech Republic
- Deadline for applications: 30 April 2016
- Entrance exam takes place: from 9 May till 16 May 2016 according to exam time schedule, specific date is based on agreement; interview is either personal or over Skype
- Results of admissions by: 6 June 2016
For more information about the program and contacts, please, visit http://egei.vse.cz or contact Academic Director doc.Ing Anna Klosová, CSc. firstname.lastname@example.org or Programme Coordinator Ing. Zuzana Křečková, M.A., Ph.D. email@example.com