CEMS Business Projects 2016 Final Presentations
On Friday, May 20, 2016 International Management/CEMS students and tutors at the University of Economics, Prague and corporate partners gathered to present the results of their Business Projects. Each student presentation was followed by evaluatuon and comments from the corporate representative and the tutor. Fellow students asked many questions and contributed to an inspiring discussion. This was the fourth time the Final Presentations took place.
Business Project within the CEMS Programme
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. At the beginning of the semester, companies suggested eleven topics for students. International teams of usually 3 students solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and a professor in parallel. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students and companies. It amounts to 15 ECTS.
Students are thus offered the opportunity:
- to gain insight into business life,
- to train their analytical and problem-solving skills,
- to apply research methods,
- to transfer theoretical knowledge into practice,
- to learn process management,
- to acquire social skills,
- to get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals.
Students are expected:
- to take responsibility for the project,
- to strive for the best results,
- to share the workload equally within the team,
- to communicate well with their tutors.
Project results are evaluated by the academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group.
Topics for Summer Term 2015/2016:
11 international CEMS student teams presented following topics:
Student teams also presented the results of their Business Projects to top-management of a particular company.
VŠE CEMS Team would like to thank all students, company representatives and tutors for their efforts through the whole term!