Seminar “Establishment of Social Safety Net during Transition”
On 9th November, 2016, a seminar co-hosted by the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE) and the Government of the Republic of Korea (through its Embassy in Prague) will take place at the University of Economics Prague.
The seminar on the topic “Establishment of Social Safety Net during Transition” will be held in three subsequent sessions:
- Session 1: Establishment of the social safety net during the transition in the Czech Republic,
- Session 2: Establishment of the social safety net during the transition in Germany,
- Session 3: Establishment of the social safety net in North Korea if unification takes place on the Korean peninsula.
The keynote speakers of the seminar are:
- Martin Potůček, head of the Center for Social and Economic Strategies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic,
- Karel Dyba, Department of Economic and Social Policy, VŠE Prague, Czech Republic,
- Jiří Šatava, Researcher, Institute for Democracy and Economic Analysis, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic,
- Roland Czada, Chair in Government and Public Policy, University of Osnabrüeck, Germany,
- Karl-Heinz Paqué, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management/ Chair of International Economics, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany,
- Michael C. Burda, Director of the Institute for Economic Theory II, School of Business and Economics, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany,
- Cheon-Woon Choi, Deputy Director/Expert Advisor, Presidential Committee for Unification Preparation, Republic of Korea,
- Kichae Min, Deputy Research Fellow, National Pension Research Institute, Republic of Korea.
The seminar will be held at the premises of the University of Economics, Prague, on Wednesday, November 9, 2016, in conference room NB 169. The language of the seminar is English.
The event is designated for students and academics of VŠE only and the registration is required.
For more information and registration visit http://cas.vse.cz/czech-korean-seminar/.