Economies fluctuate… your career won’t. Join Economic Data Analysis at VŠE
The University of Economics, Prague offers 8 international Master’s study programmes. We introduce all of them on the website during February. The Open House Day of Master’s programmes taught in English will be held in Rajská Building/Rajská budova (RB 211) on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 from 6 pm.
Economic Data Analysis (EDA) is a two-year English-taught Master’s Degree Programme available at the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics (FIS) of VŠE. This study programme is for those who see their professional future at strategic, analytical and research departments in banks, consulting companies, financial and government institutions, at statistical institutes or marketing agencies and large industrial firms.
Reasons why to study the EDA program
1. EDA has two specializations: Master in Official Statistics (MOS) and Data Analysis and Modelling (DAM)
2. EDA students choose their specialization during their first semester
3. EDA students can either take part in an internship (MOS) or in an exchange semester (DAM, optional)
4. EDA’s specialization MOS has been internationally accredited with the EMOS label
The aim of this master programme is to provide students with knowledge and abilities in the area of economic data analysis. This covers many topics related to data acquisition, data processing, data dissemination and communication, data analysis including advanced statistical and econometric modelling and working with specialised statistical and econometric software as well.
To successfully complete the whole curriculum (120 ECTS credits), it is necessary to take compulsory courses for 63 ECTS (MOS)/90 ECTS (DAM), several elective courses for 15 ECTS (MOS)/18 ECTS (DAM), take an internship for 30 ECTS (MOS), pass the state exam (6 ECTS) and prepare a master’s thesis (6 ECTS).
Applications for 2020/21
Applicants need to fill in the online application form, pay the application fee (50 EUR), upload to the online application system following documents: CV, proof of English language knowledge and one recommendation letter.
We also require the transcript of records and an official verified copy of the bachelor’s diploma. The admission exam consists of writing an essay on a given topic and returning it per e-mail.
The tuition fee is 3.800 EUR/academic year.
- Deadline for applications:
– Round I – February 28, 2020
– Round II – April 30, 2020
- Admission exam:
– Round I – March, 13-15, 2020
– Round II – May 8-10, 2020
- Start of studies: September 21, 2020