Apply for Master in Official Statistics at Faculty of Informatics and Statistics
Master in Official Statistics (MOS) is a two-year English-taught master’s degree program available at the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics (FIS) of VŠE. It is meant for those who see their professional future at national and international statistical institutes and central banks, and at statistical, analytical and research departments of other central government institutions. MOS graduates are also able to work as analysts at consulting companies, firms, banks and other financial institutions.
- The unemployment rate of graduates of our faculty is less then 0,9%.
- Graduates of the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics have the highest starting salary of all VŠE alumni.
- Newly accredited with EMOS label (European Master in Official Statistics), awarded by the European Statistical System Committee (ESSC) only to programs which fulfil strict requirements and offer high-quality education.
The main objective of MOS is to enhance the abilities of students to understand both national and European official data (quality, production process, dissemination) and to analyse them in national, European and international context using statistical, demographic and econometrical methods.
To successfully complete the whole curriculum (120 ECTS credits), it is necessary to take eleven compulsory courses (totalling 54 ECTS), several elective courses (for 21 ECTS) and an internship in State Statistical Service during the second semester (30 ECTS credits), the final state exam and thesis defence (15 ECTS).
There is also an optional component of studying abroad: the third MOS semester can be completed at a university abroad, usually within the VŠE exchange programme.
Jan Fischer – former Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, former President of the Czech Statistical Office
Jaroslav Sixta – Head of the Macroeconomic Statistics Section of the Czech Statistical Office
Martin Zelený – Head of the Demography Section of the Czech Statistical Office
Jakub Fischer – Academic Guarantor of the MOS Program, Dean of the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics
Applications for 2019/20
Students interested in starting the MOS program in September 2019 need to submit their application by April 30, 2019. Applicants have to be ready to complete an online application, pay a fee of 50 EUR and send a set of documents, including e.g. a transcript of records, proof of English language knowledge, CV and a recommendation letter.
The next stage of the admission process is a long-distance exam consisting of writing an essay on a given topic and submitting it per e-mail.
Corresponding to most international programmes at VŠE, the MOS tuition fee is 3.800 EUR/academic year.
- Deadline for applications: April 30, 2019
- Admission exam: May 10-12, 2019
- Programme Coordinator: Mgr. Veronika Brunerová
- For more information, please visit: fis.vse.cz; www.facebook.com/fis.en.vse/ or contact us at email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you among MOS students.