Apply for the full-time Master in Economics of Globalization and European Integration: The application deadline is April 30, 2019
The University of Economics, Prague offers 10 Master degree programmes in English. We are introducing all of them on the website during February. The Open House Day of master’s programmes taught in English will be held in Rajská Building/Rajská budova (RB) on Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
The full-time Master of Arts (M. A.) in Economics of Globalization and European Integration is an academic program developing competence for European economists with career aspirations in research at universities, government and international organizations, and in research departments of large banks and industrial and commercial corporations.
This Joint European Studies Program was established in academic year 1994/95 in the form of a European consortium of university partners, which jointly award the Master degree. Currently, the Consortium consists of five European and one Asian university.
EGEI gives scientifically well-founded education in the field of economics of globalization, international trade and integration. It takes place in the form of intensive studies, 60 credits (45 credits for passing compulsory and optional subjects, 15 credits for the thesis) from September 2019 – January 2021. The graduates receive two academic degrees, Master of Arts (M.A.) and inženýr (Ing.).
With regard to the EGEI admission procedure, students have to prove completion of their studies, at least at the bachelor’s level, in an area of economic or socio-economic sciences. They have to pass the entrance exam in English, which consists of the oral part and the appraisal of study results. The applicants have to submit language certificate that proves the knowledge of English, certificates specified here. Further, the applicants have to submit the follow
ing documents: the transcript of completed courses, motivation letter, structured CV, and reference.
During the entrance exam the candidate must prove:
- the ability to formulate answers to the laid questions in the field of economics, international trade and integration at the level of completed bachelor´s degree
- the knowledge of the current issues in international trade, integration and the position of the Czech Republic and EU in the economic areas
The EGEI tuition fee is 3 800 EUR for the whole programme.
Programme will be organized in the academic year 2019/2020 at the following universities:
1. Trimester: Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
2. Trimester: Università degli Studi di Bari ‘Aldo Moro’, Bari, Italy
3. Trimester: University of Economics, Prague (VŠE), Czech Republic
4. Trimester: University of Economics, Prague (VŠE), Czech Republic
- Deadline for applications: 30 April 2019
- Entrance exam takes place: beginning of May 2019 according to exam time schedule, specific date is based on agreement; interview is either personal or over Skype
- Results of admissions by: late May/early June 2019
Students of academic year 2017-2018 celebrated their graduation ceremony at Universitá degli Studi di Bari ‘Aldo Moro‘, in Bari, Italy. Out of 32 graduating students, two students of VŠE graduated with Distinction, Zuzana Tvrdoňová and Jakub Pešek. And Zuzana also obtained the Award of Anna Klosová, one of the program founders and the Academic Director, for the Best Dissertation of the year.