VŠE measures following released restrictive measures in the field of higher education valid from 20 April 2020
By extraordinary measures of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic of 15 April 2020, exemptions from the restriction of personal presence of students at universities were set as well as newly defined allowing travel within the Czech Republic for the purpose of teaching, examinations or other activities at a higher education institutions, with effect from 20 April 2020.
Following the recommendation of the Deputy Head of the Department of Higher Education, Science and Research of the Ministry of Education, the Rector of the University of Economics, Prague decided on the following measures:
- From April 20, 2020 (Monday), state final examinations at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level, including defenses of final theses, and comprehensive examinations in minor specializations may be held, while only the necessary number of persons can be present.
- A student may participate in an examination or other activity at VŠE only if the following conditions are met:
– prove its identity with a student´s ID card to the security staff while entering the building,
– be free from acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
– have no quarantine measures at the given time,
– provide a written affidavit on the absence of symptoms of viral infectious diseases during the previous two weeks,
– wear respiratory protective equipment (mask, respirator, scarf, etc.),
– use hand sanitizer before entering the room.
- Entrance will be allowed to students only for the following purposes:
– taking a state final examination or its part, a comprehensive examination in minor specialization, a state doctoral examination or defensing a dissertation,
– picking up the ordered study literature into the library.
- The affidavit must be handed over to the security staff at the entrance to the school; without the affidavit, no student will be allowed to enter the premises of VŠE.
The Ministry of Education intends to continue discussions with the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic on further phases of releasing restrictions for university students. If further restrictions are released, we will inform VŠE students and employees about the relevant measures, which are always adopted by the Crisis Staff, consisting of the deans of all six faculties, the Rector, the Bursar, the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs and the Chancellor of the University.
The written affidavit can be downloaded: here