Extraordinary measure of Rector in connection with obligation of public universities to test employees/updated on May 24, 2021
An extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health, which is Annex No. 1 to Government Resolution No. 249, introduces the obligation for public universities to test employees who do not perform work in the form of a home office for COVID-19. From March 17, 2021, only persons who can prove negative results of the antigen test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or the RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus will be allowed to enter the VŠE premises. The test is valid for 7 calendar days.
Exceptions to testing (updates from May 24 are marked in red):
At the request of the employer, employees are obliged to undergo testing in accordance with Articles I and II of the above-mentioned extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, with the exception of persons who
1. have undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease, their isolation period has elapsed in accordance with the applicable emergency measure of the Ministry of Health, show no signs of COVID-19 disease, and it has not been more than 180 days since the first positive RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 or POC antigen test the presence of SARS-CoV-2, or
2. have been vaccinated against COVID-19 and will prove that:
- at least 22 days have elapsed since the application of the first dose of vaccine in the case of a two-dose schedule according to the SPC, but not more than 90 days if the second dose has not been applied,
- at least 22 days have elapsed since the application of the first dose of vaccine in the case of a two-dose schedule according to the SPC, but not more than 9 months if the second dose has been applied, or
- at least 14 days but not more than 9 months have elapsed since the dose of vaccine in the case of a single dose schedule according to the SPC, and the vaccinated person does not show any symptoms of COVID-19
Self-testing from March 15, 2021 (Monday):
From March 15, 2021 (Monday) from 7 self-tests will be available for all employees in the VŠE Registry/Podatelna (room NB 72, working hours 7 am – 7 pm). Numbered self-tests will be issued in the number of 2 pieces upon presentation of the employee´s identification card and against signature. The following procedure applies to these employees:
- the employee is tested at home and before coming to work fills in the form “Affidavit of the antigen test result/Čestné prohlášení o výsledku antigenního testu”, which can be downloaded at: https://eo.vse.cz/;
- puts the used test kit with a negative result in a bag with the test number marked. The bag is placed in the prepared container in the registry/podatelna (NB 72);
- a printed affidavit of the antigen test result/čestné prohlášení o výsledku antigenního testu (not older than 7 calendar days) is always submitted by the employee to the security service at the entrance to the VŠE building (employees parked in the Rajska Building are obliged to submit it at the reception of the Italska Building);
- an affidavit on the antigen test result/čestné prohlášení o výsledku antigenního testu will be sent by the employee on the day he performed the test, by e-mail to email@example.com.
VŠE testing room from March 15, 2021 (Monday):
- The testing room is located in the Italska Building, in the premises of the former branch of Česká spořitelna. The operating hours of the testing room are Monday – Thursday from 7 am to 3 pm, on Friday from 7 am to 12 am.
- In the testing room, self-tests are issued to all VŠE employees who are not exempted from testing when entering the VŠE premises and who have not performed a self-test issued by VŠE. The employee presents the identification card to the supervisor and receives a test set against signature.
- The test is performed by an employee at his workplace, where he waits for the test result. After completing the testing, he/she is obliged to put the used test kit with a negative test result in a bag marked with the test number. The bag is placed in the prepared container in the testing room no later than 15 minutes before closing it. By the end of working hours, they will fill in the form “Affidavit of the the antigen test result/Čestné prohlášení o výsledku antigenního testu”, which can be downloaded at: https://eo.vse.cz/ and will be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The testing room provides self-tests for pre-approved visits and for students who have been granted an exemption. Exceptions are granted by the Deans of the faculties and the Chancellor of the Rector of VŠE. In this case, the self-test is performed directly in the testing room under the supervision of a supervisor, including the completion of appropriate forms.
In case of a positive test result, the employee is obliged to:
- not to enter the workplace;
- communicate this fact to his/her superior and to the e-mail email@example.com;
- immediately contact his/her registering general practitioner by telephone or other remote means or, if the employee does not have a registering general practitioner, the locally competent public health protection authority (regional hygienic station or hygienic station of the capital city of Prague);
- until the next procedure is determined by a doctor or hygienic station, the employee must minimize the risk of infecting other people, i.e. ideally isolate himself/herself;
- the doctor or the competent public health authority shall issue an application in the ISIN for a confirmatory test by means of an RT-PCR test;
- the employee is obliged to undergo a confirmation test.
- With effect from March 17, 2021 until further notice, entry to the VŠE buildings will be permitted only to persons who prove negative results of the antigen test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or the RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus. The test must not be older than 7 calendar days. VŠE will provide the possibility of self-testing for employees. Public testing centers, where you can take a test covered by health insurance, can also be used.
- Entry will also be granted to persons who prove by a certificate issued by a health service provider that they have undergone COVID-19 in the last 90 days and to persons who prove by a certificate of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Visits that do not have the above documents will be allowed to enter only with the special permission of the Dean or of the Chancellor of VŠE, with the obligation to undergo a self-test directly in the testing room.
- From March 17, 2021, employees who do not yet have the required confirmation of a negative test result must use only the entrance to the building from Italská Street.
- Employees of the Faculty of Management in Jindřichův Hradec will follow the order of the Dean of the Faculty of Management.
- Employees of the Department of the Administration of Facilities (SÚZ) will follow the order of the Director of SÚZ.
- The extraordinary measure of March 7, 2021 expires.
In Prague, March 13, 2021