Extraordinary measures of VŠE in connection with instructions of Ministry of Health valid from March 11
- From Wednesday, March 11, 2020 until further notice, but at least until March 29, 2020, students enrolled in degree programs (undergraduate, master’s and doctoral) and students of the University of the 3rd Age are cancelled. Office hours are also canceled.
- Deans of faculties will decide on the form of compensation for canceled lessons.
- Any modification of the summer semester schedule will be announced on March 27, 2020.
- Until further notice, the events of student associations and organizations that were supposed to take place in the school were canceled.
- Libraries and study rooms are closed.
- Student canteen in Italská building and buffet in Jižní Město are closed.
- Graduation ceremonies on March 13, March 20, March 21 and March 27 are canceled (alternative graduation dates will be announced later).
- Students who are currently on an exchange study stay abroad and wish to return to the Czech Republic will be offered the possibility of additional enrollment courses so that they can complete the summer semester at the University of Economics, Prague.
- The Šance fair is canceled. In case of favorable development of the situation, the VŠE management is considering moving to April.
- An emergency measure by the Ministry of Health prohibits personal presence at school only for students. The buildings will be opened in normal mode
- Employees of the University of Economics, Prague which are not currently in quarantine, fulfill their duties according to the instructions of their supervisors.
- The Rector’s Order to reduce risk of coronavirus infection (COVID-19) is still valid
- The management of the University of Economics, Prague and/or the Deans of the faculties decides on the organization of events that are not part of the accredited degree programs and are not intended for VŠE students and the number of participants in the event does not exceed 100 persons.
- Absolventské středy (Alumni Wednesday) are canceled until further notice.
- On Monday, March 9, 2020 the University of Economics, Prague received information from the Hygienic Authority. It reports that one student has a positive coronavirus test. This student is without health problems, is not accommodated in dormitories and did not eat in the canteen.
- The buildings of the University of Economics, Prague were closed on Tuesday, March 10, and thorough disinfection of all premises took place.
- She is a student of a Master’s degree program. The student informed Hygienic Authority of the City of Prague on the presence in the classroom last week. All students who had enrolled courses in which the student could have been contacted were informed by the Vice-Rector for Study and Educational Affairs, and the teachers were also informed. Everyone was advised to follow the guidelines published by the Ministry of Health:
- VŠE handed over the names lists with contacts to students and teachers of the Hygienic Authority, not received any response yet.
- If the University of Economics, Prague receives information on another confirmed case of coronavirus infection, it will proceed in the same way as described above.
The situation in the Czech Republic is changing very fast and we are doing our utmost to gather all the relevant information for you. For this reason we have created special website about the COVID-19 restrictions in the Czech republic and VŠE. There you can find all relevant information as well as contacts.