Measure of Rector – Regime Measures in VŠE Interior valid from November 15/update of point III valid from November 22
In connection with the valid measures of the Ministry of Health, the Rector, with effect from November 15, 2021 (point III updated on November 22) until further notice, stipulates this measure regulating the operation of the Prague University of Economics and Business.
I. General conditions
Only persons who do not show clinical signs of COVID-19 can enter the VŠE campus. Everyone is obliged to observe hygienic measures throughout their presence at the school.
Use of respiratory protective equipment
All persons in the interior of the University (especially in corridors, rest areas and library areas) are obliged to use respiratory protective equipment (nose, mouth), which is a respirator or similar device (always without exhalation valve) meeting at least all technical conditions and requirements (for the product), including a filtration efficiency of at least 94% according to relevant standards (e.g. FFP2, KN 95), which prevent the spread of droplets.
This obligation does not apply to:
- students in class who sit on a bench or are otherwise seated and there are less than 50 of them in one space,
- academics and other teachers who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 (while at least 14 days elapsed since the completed vaccination schedule according to the Summary of Product Characteristics) in the provision of education
- students and academic staff in the framework of an educational activity, the nature of which does not allow the wearing of a protective equipment (e.g. physical education),
- the examinee and the examiner during the test, provided that all persons maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters,
- persons performing work at the workplace or performing other similar activities while performing this activity in one place without the presence of another person or if all persons maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters,
- persons for the time strictly necessary to take a photograph / video at events organized by the school.
II. Procedure for a positive test for COVID-19 or risk contact in the VŠE premises
Students and staff who have undergone the RT-PCR test with a positive result for COVID-19 should contact their doctor immediately and follow their instructions. They also report this fact to the email address email@example.com. Due to the excuse of not attending classes, the students inform their study assistant, the employees inform their superior, in the same way as in the case of another illness.
We recommend that they also inform their colleagues, resp. classmates with whom the positively tested person has been in contact for a longer time without a respiratory protective device and without observing min. distance of 1.5 meters.
For students and staff who have come into contact with a person who has undergone the RT-PCR test with a positive result for COVID-19 applies the following:
- vaccinated and those who have contracted COVID-19 (and no more than 180 days have elapsed since the first positive test):
- if they are asymptomatic, they do not have to pass the RT-PCR test for COVID-19 and do not even have to quarantine;
- if they have symptoms of COVID-19, they must pass the RT-PCR test for COVID-19.
- unvaccinated people are required to enter quarantine, in which case the same procedure applies as in the case of illness. Due to the excuse of not attending the lessons, the students inform their study assistant, who registers the quarantine period as an excuse in InSIS, and the employees immediately inform their superior.
III. Academic ceremonies (in which more than 20 people participate at one time), congresses, conferences, student events (cultural, sports and similar), if other people than students and employees of the University participate, and U3V courses
The maximum number of persons present must not exceed 100% of the total capacity of the seats in the room; all participants must be seated, the distance of the participants from the place designated for the performers must be at least 2 m. Participants are obliged to use respiratory protective equipment (nose, mouth), which is a respirator or similar device (always without exhalation valve) and requirements (for the product), including a filtration efficiency of at least 94% according to relevant standards (e.g. FFP2, KN 95), which prevent the spread of droplets.
Participation is only possible for persons who:
- have been vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide a national vaccination certificate or a certificate of vaccination issued in accordance with the EU Regulation on the EU COVID digital certificate, provided that at least 14 days have elapsed since the completed vaccination schedule,
- have undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease, the period of ordered isolation has elapsed and no more than 180 days have elapsed since the first positive rapid antigen test or RT-PCR test,
- have undergone a negative RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus with a negative result no later than 72 hours ago.
- Only the following persons can prove a negative test result:
- persons under the age of 18, or
- people who cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19 for contraindications; or
- persons vaccinated against COVID-19 if
- 14 days have not yet elapsed since the first dose of vaccine was given in the case of a single dose schedule, or
- in the case of a two-dose schedule, it has not yet been given the second dose of vaccine and the maximum time set for the second dose of vaccine has not elapsed since the first dose of vaccine, or
- 14 days have not yet elapsed since the second dose of the vaccine in the case of a two-dose schedule.
 The fact that a person cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19 for contraindications is evidenced by an entry in the Infectious Diseases Information System (ISIN).
The organizer is obliged to check the fulfilment of these conditions before entering the event room and the participant is obliged to prove their fulfilment; if he/she does not prove the fulfilment of the conditions, the organizer will not allow him/her to participate.
IV. Catering services
Catering establishments, which also serve the public, are obliged to check compliance with the conditions of non-infection set out in point II.
The following types of establishments operate in the VŠE premises:
a) university catering facilities (Žižkov – Canteen AV Gastro, Pizza/Veget VŠEm, Academic Club VŠE, Umbrella; Jižní město – AV Gastro; Jarov – Menza restaurant; Jindřichův Hradec – buffet) – students and employees of VŠE prove by identification cards; in the case of persons who are not students or employees of the University the catering facility is obliged to check the non-infectivity of all customers upon entering the premises or, if the control at entry is not allowed by operating conditions, at the latest before providing the service;
b) sale of food to go (buffets, cafe in the atrium RB) – if there is no consumption on the spot, there is no need to prove non-infectivity. When consumed on the spot, the provisions set out in point a) apply.
IV. Measures after returning from abroad
If students or staff have resided for more than 12 hours in the last 14 days in countries on the list of countries or territories with a low or medium risk or a high or very high risk of COVID-19, they are required to comply with the protective measure of the Ministry of Health from October 26, 2021, no. MZDR 20599/2020-126/MIN/KAN.
We would like to point out that the employee/student bears all responsibility for non-fulfilment of obligations arising from the measures of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.