DECISION CANCELED: Teaching in winter semester and information on measures taken by crisis staff of VŠE on September 17, 2020
Update – September 18, 2020: The measures taken by the crisis staff of VŠE on September 17, 2020 are canceled due to the current developments.
The crisis staff draws attention to the fact that persons with symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from entering the VŠE buildings and to the fact that everyone is obliged to wear face masks or other protective respiratory equipment in the common areas of VŠE according to the regulation of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
Teaching of bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in the winter semester of the academic year 2020/2021
- Teaching of students in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs begins on Monday, September 21, 2020. Teaching takes place in a standard full-time form.
- Students are obliged (according to the regulation of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic from September 17, 2020) to wear face masks or other protective respiratory equipment in classrooms.
- Teachers have an exception and can decide on whether or not they will wear face masks during their teaching.
- All classrooms are equipped with disinfectant gel dispensers, dispensers are also located at the entrance to buildings and corridors. We ask students and teachers to do hand disinfection as often as possible.
- Hand disinfection is mandatory before teaching in computer classrooms.
- Physical education courses will be open exclusively to students who have enrolled in a course as part of their study duties. Courses with a high capacity of trainees (especially fitness classes, functional circuit training, etc.) will be divided into two shorter (45 minutes) lessons. The possibility of moving teaching to the outdoor environment will also be used to the maximum extent. Students are not required to wear face masks or other protective respiratory equipment during physical education courses.
- Students must be fully able to use consultation hours, while the academic can choose the form of both personal participation and online. In the case of online form, it is the duty of the academic staff member to have detailed information in InSIS, on basis of which the student can use the online consultation.
- The crisis staff recommends using all available tools to reduce the need for personal visits of students to the study department. In the case of a personal visit, students and study assistants/coordinators are obliged to wear a face mask or other protective respiratory equipment.
- Collective events of student organizations in the University´s premises are canceled until further notice.
- In case the situation requires it (larger number of people infected in a given course, quarantine of a teacher), the dean may decide to switch to online teaching of the given course. The teacher is obliged to provide information on the use of the online form of teaching via InSIS.
- The Rector may decide on a widespread transition to online teaching – after approval by the crisis staff.
- Students and employees of the University are obliged to report COVID-19 disease at email address firstname.lastname@example.org and to inform about persons with whom they came into closer and longer contact at school. In the email, the patients will state the faculty, the year, the study program, the beginning of the disease and the expected end of the quarantine. In the case of students, the Chancellor of VŠE will forward the information to the vice-deans for academic affairs and the director of SÚZ, in the case of employees to the secretaries of faculties or heads of university-wide workplaces.
- Recommendations for students on how to proceed in case of suspected COVID-19 disease can be found here.
- Obligation of employees and students to submit a negative result of the RT-PCR test – employees and students who entered the Czech Republic, either from high-risk countries (see the list of the Ministry of Health) or are nationals of these high-risk countries, after entering the Czech Republic, must undergo an RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS CoV-2 and are subject to restrictions on free movement in the Czech Republic. VŠE employee (including visiting professors) is obliged to submit the test result to his/her superior, student will send a scanned document to his/her study assistant (coordinator of the foreign language study program) by e-mail. Foreign nationals (employees and students) are then required to undergo a second test 14 days after entering the Czech Republic. More info: https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/category/mimoradna-opatreni/.
Operation of service workplaces
- Library – the obligation to wear face masks or other protective respiratory equipment.
- Canteen and other catering facilities – increased hygienic measures were taken according to the regulations and recommendations of the central authorities (table distances, disinfection, cutlery packaging, etc.). In the AV Gastro (canteen Italská), the opening hours will be extended from September 21 during the lunchtime from 11 am.
- Dormitories – the Department for the Administration of Facilities has implemented these measures against the spread of COVID-19.
Organizing some events at VŠE
- Alumni Wednesdays (Absolventské středy) – from October 1, 2020, they will take place online.
- Job Fair ŠANCE will take place as planned in the week from October 12, but will be spread over several days.
- Conferences – in case of conferences, the organizers are obliged to provide the following measures:
- event must not be attended by a person with symptoms of COVID-19
- maximum number of all participants is set at 100
- participants must wear a protective respiratory equipment